This weekend we went to the cabin for the first time as a family. We played games, watched movies, ate lots of goodies, and then there was work. We hauled and cut and chopped wood. Our task was to get this done before the snow flies.
Our next door neighbors came over and offered some of their wood that had already been chopped, ( there was about a four year supply ). All of us loaded, carried and stacked wood. We stacked wood long the wall to the entrance of the cabin and also stacked it under the deck.
When we were finished we loaded two truckloads of wood for the neighbors so that they could stack theirs for the winter. We did the loading and stacking in about an hour. If we had not helped them it would have taken them both about a day to do this tedious task.
Sunday morning we woke up to snow. The world is a beautiful place with a blanket of snow. Tell me if you agree.

1 comment:
Thanks again for everything! I had sooooo much fun with all of you and loved the time we spent at the cabin. I can't wait until I see you all again in December. I always have a blast with you guys.
Post a Comment