Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A family tradition 2008


The Parkin family and the Harker family have made a family tradition of camping in Jackson Hole for the last 15 plus years. Part of the camping includes white water rafting down the snake river. Years past have proven this to be a hairy trip with Glade's mother breaking her ankle, teeth being knocked out with the oars, not to mention the numerous times people are dumped out of the raft. I have made this trip for two years in the three I have been with Glade. This trip will stand out in my mind for quite some time. We went the second week of July. The water was running extremely high. There were rapids that had not been seen for a looooong time per everyone in the raft. There are two major rapids Big Kahuna and Lunch Counter. Since the water was high Big Kahuna was easy to roll over. Lunch Counter was another story. We hit this rapid sideways and as you can see in one of the pictures we were covered with a wall of water. There were 7 people in the raft as we entered and only 5 when we got through it. Christine and Ryan had fallen out. We all lived to tell this story.
I am the captain of this ship.

Smiling now but wait until later...


The crew: Captian Glade in the back, Christine, Ryan, Carla, Lynn, Jason, Natalie




2 comments:

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

Now we are a blogging family!!! I was so excited to hear you decided to join in on the fun and start a blog. I will be expecting biweekly updates so don't let me down :0)

I LOVE the cabin. You will have to take me to see it when I come out to visit in the next month.

Lynn, I love the background... good choice, it reminds me of you.

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Captain Glade and family! I saw your new link on Hilary's blog and simply could not resist stealing a peak! I am so adding you to my links list so I can see the happenings of the wonderful Parkin family!

CIAO!
Amber Bowden